- Wendy Blume's -
Goldilocks Chickpea and Onion Patties
- 2 SPRING ONIONS, FINELY SLICED
- 1 CARROT, PEELED, GRATED
- 2-3 ORANGE SWEET POTATOES, MASHED
- 400G TIN CHICKPEAS, RINSED, DRAINED
- 1/4 CUP BESAN (CHICKPEA) FLOUR
- 1 TSP CUMIN
- 1 TSP SUMAC OR ZEST 1/2 LEMON
- 1/4 CUP OLIVE OIL
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- To mash the sweet potatoes, place each one whole into the oven for 50-60 minutes until squishy. (Any leftovers are great added to spag bol, or mixed into sweet muffins).
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas and mix through the veggies and spices. Form golf ball size patties and dunk in the chickpea flour.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil and once hot, add a few patties to the pan. Turn when golden (you’ll probably need to cook them for about 3 minutes either side.)
- NOTE - Serve with salad, lemon and a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
- TIP - Serve this on rice for a more substantial meal.
- DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE VERSION