- Disguised -
- 1 BROWN ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
- 50G BUTTER, CHOPPED
- 1 CARROT, CHOPPED
- 1 STICK CELERY, CHOPPED
- 1 TSP DRIED THYME
- 100G BUTTON MUSHROOMS, SLICED
- 50G BROCCOLI, CUT INTO SMALL FLORETS
- 75G ZUCCHINI, ROUGHLY GRATED
- 1/4 CUP FROZEN PEAS
- 1/4 CUP FLOUR
- 2 CUPS VEGETABLE OR CHICKEN STOCK
- 1/3 CUP THICKENED CREAM
- SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- MASHED POTATO, TO SERVE
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Do not brown.
- Add the thyme, mushrooms and broccoli and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes then stir through the zucchini and peas. Cook for another minute.
- Stir the flour into the pan and continue stirring for a minute until the vegetables are fully coated.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, stirring to avoid lumps as the sauce thickens. Add the cream, salt and pepper, cook for another 2-3 minutes and then remove from the heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the pie mixture into four 1 1/2 cup ovenproof ramekins and top with spoonful's of mashed potato. Dollop a little butter on the top of each pie.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until pies are golden. Serve immediately.
- NOTE - add some chopped cooked chicken, a can of tuna or salmon. Also extra protein by adding 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese to the vegetable mixture.
- DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE VERSION