- Secret -
Sweet Potato Fritters
- 1 RED ONION, FINELY CHOPPED
- 1/3 CUP FLOUR
- 1/2 TSP BAKING POWDER
- 1 EGG, LIGHTLY BEATEN
- 1/4 CUP MILK
- 250G SWEET POTATO, GRATED
- 125G CORN KERNELS
- 50G RED CAPSICUM, CHOPPED
- SALT AND CRACKED BLACK PEPPER
- GREEN SALAD, TO SERVE
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl then whisk in the egg and milk.
- Add the sweet potato to the bowl along with the other vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. In batches add heaped tablespoons of mixture to the pan, flattening out to form patty shapes.
- Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes each side until golden and cooked through then drain on a paper towel.
- Serve fritters with a simple green salad and tomato chutney.
- Tip: Delicious served with roasted cherry tomatoes and crispy bacon or prosciutto.
- NOTE - Add some cooked chicken or a can of tuna/salmon or for extra protein, add 1/2 cup of grated tasty cheese to the vegetable mixture.
- TIP - Delicious served with roasted chutney, tomatoes, and crispy bacon or prosciutto.
- DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE VERSION