- Sly -
- 2 brown onions – finely chopped
- 400-500g pulled lamb – roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 large sweet potatoes – roughly chopped
- 1 cup reduced broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- Coconut cream (optional for mash)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- This recipe requires 400-500g of leftover slow cooked lamb. For instructions on how to slow cook a shoulder of lamb, download our multi-meal e-book: www.secretserve.com.au/multi-meals
- Pre heat oven to 200C.
- Heat the olive oil and the butter for the caramelised onions on a low/medium heat before adding the onions.
- Stir occasionally and cook for around 30 minutes – add more oil/butter if need be.
- Bring some salted water up to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Place the potato into the pot and return to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until potato begins to soften. Drain Well.
- Add the butter (or coconut cream if you prefer) and mash until smooth consistency. Season.
- Line the base of a baking dish with the shredded pulled lamb and caramelised onions.
- Pour 1 cup of broth into dish. Spread onto the lamb & onions.
- Place the mashed sweet potato on top of the lamb.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until potato is browned.
- Remove from the heat and serve.