- Camouflaged -
Chicken San Choy Bau
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 white onion, FINELY chopped
- 1 stick celery
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 carrot, grated
- 150g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tbsp chopped bean sprouts
- 50g finely shredded snow peas
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add the chicken mince and mix together, breaking the mince up with a fork. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the carrot, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, snow peas, hoisin and sesame oil and continue cooking for 5 minutes, tossing to coat chicken mix entirely in the sauce.
- Serve the san choy bau mix spooned into lettuce cups and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
- NOTE - If preferred, try tossing the san choy bau mince through vermicelli noodles as a stir-fry, or use as a filling for spring rolls or dumplings.
- DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE VERSION