- Blitzed -
Bangers and Mash
- 2 brown onions – chopped
- 4 - 6 sausages
- 2 tsp butter
- 500mls beef broth/stock
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 tsp arrowroot (tapioca starch or corn flour)
- 2 large sweet potatoes – cut into chunks
- 75 - 100mls coconut cream
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- In a fry pan, cook the sausages on a med-high heat until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a fry pan and add the chopped onion and garlic on a medium heat.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the thyme and cook for a further minute (add more butter if need be).
- Add the arrowroot and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the broth and stir until you reach the desired consistency.
- It’s possible at this point to blend the gravy in a blender to “hide” the onions more.
- Place the sweet potato in a large saucepan and cover with salted water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer and cook until the potatoes soften.
- Drain the water and return the pot to the heat for 30 seconds to cook off any residual water.
- Add the coconut cream & seasoning, and mash (add butter if you need to).
- Serve with the sausages and onion gravy.
- This recipe forms a part of our new multi-meal e-book with Scott Gooding. To download your free copy today, head to www.secretserve.com.au/multi-meals