- Undercover -
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 small brown onions, thinly sliced (appx. 75g ea)
- 2 tsP smoked paprika
- A sprinkle of salt & cracked black pepper
- 450g beef strips (if strips are unavailable, use rump or fillet and slice thinly)
- canola oil, for sautéing
- 300g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsP tomato paste
- 1 cup salt reduced beef stock
- 2 tbsP Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- pasta or rice, to serve
- Place flour, paprika, salt & pepper in bowl. Working in batches, coat beef strips in mix. Dust off excess.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Add tablespoon of oil. Cook beef in batches until well browned. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Return pan to medium heat. Add a little more oil. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften then add mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes until mushrooms are golden. Stir in garlic. Cook for a minute, add tomato paste, stock and Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Return beef strips to the pan.
- Remove pan from heat, stir through sour cream and parsley, until fully combined. Cook gently for a minute until heated through. Serve with pasta or rice.
- NOTE - It’s important to add sour cream off the heat then cook gently to warm through the stroganoff, otherwise the sauce may separate.
- DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE VERSION